- Posted:Thursday 24 April 2014
Jackie Ashley, Columnist, The Guardian, gave her response to the interim report from the Commission on the Future of Health and Social Care in England at our launch event.
She drew on her own experience of caring for her father and her husband, and said that she was struck by the moving responses she received to her columns on this subject, showing just how many people are not only affected by health and social care provision, but who want to have their voices heard.
She called for MPs to take their heads out of the sand: none of the options laid out in the interim report are politically appealing; but they will need to get the public on board to ensure that these difficult but necessary decisions are made.
More on the commission
- Find out more about the Commission on the Future of Health and Social Care in England
- Read the commission's interim report
- Catch up with the highlights from the interim report launch
- Read Dominic Stenning's blog