Don Berwick, founder and former president of the Institute for Healthcare Improvement, presents the findings from his review into patient safety. You can also watch the video highlights of Don's presentation.
This event was run by the Department of Health and held at The King's Fund.
You can download the full transcript from Don Berwick's presentation:
More on patient safety
- Watch the video highlights of Don Berwick's presentation
- Download Don Berwick's slides from the event: improving the safety of patients in England
- Read Catherine Foot's blog post: can you change culture from Whitehall?
- Watch Don Berwick talking about the clinical leadership of health care reform and the importance and challenge of clinical leadership
- Read our response to Don Berwick's report on patient safety
- See our analysis of the Francis Inquiry report
Many of the recommendations of the Berwick report were work in hand of NPSA. Are we trying to reinvent the wheel?
But what has changed? Have the politicians not listened??
Plus ça change plus c'est la même chose.