- Posted:Thursday 26 June 2014
David McCullough, Chief Executive, Royal Voluntary Service (RVS), gives a brief history of the RVS and how the service and its volunteers operate. He goes on to illustrate how the caring gestures that take place outside of the health and social care system can make a big difference to patients' quality of life and lower rates of hospital re-admission.
More on care for older people
- Find out more about our Innovations in the delivery of care for older people event
- Read our publication: Making our health and care system fit for an ageing population
- Catch up with our commentary and analysis: Making care fit for an older population
- See the Innovations in the deliver of care for older people case studies