- Posted:Thursday 24 October 2013
The Community Care Closer to Home project in Pembrokeshire seeks to identify and manage people in the community who are most vulnerable to an unplanned emergency admission or exacerbation of their chronic illness. We spoke to the team about how care is delivered and how the approach has helped avoid hospital admissions and reduce numbers entering long-term residential care.
This case study is part of a research project undertaken by The King’s Fund and funded by Aetna and the Aetna Foundation in the United States to compare five successful UK-based models of care co-ordination.
See more of our work on co-ordinated care
- Read the full case study on Pembrokeshire's community resource teams
- View our organogram showing Pembrokeshire's care planning/co-ordination process
- Read patient stories from Pembrokeshire
- Find out more about the project: Co-ordinated care for people with complex chronic conditions