- Posted:Thursday 05 September 2013
Oxleas Advanced Dementia Service provides holistic and palliative care at home for people with advanced dementia. Covering Greenwich and Bexley, a core team of old-age psychiatrists, mental health and community staff work with GPs, secondary care and social services to support family and/or carers in providing ongoing and palliative care. We spoke to the team to find out more about their approach to co-ordinated care.
This case study is part of a research project undertaken by The King’s Fund and funded by Aetna and the Aetna Foundation in the United States to compare five successful UK-based models of care co-ordination.
See more of our work on co-ordinated care
- Read the full case study on Oxleas Advanced Dementia Service
- View our organogram showing the Oxleas Advanced Dementia Service care planning/co-ordination process
- Read the Oxleas Advanced Dementia Service patient stories
- Find out more about the project: Co-ordinated care for people with complex chronic conditions