Chris Hopson, Chief Executive, Foundation Trust Network, shared his optimism for closer integrated health and social care spending, but highlighted trust-wide concerns about the impact that funding cuts are having alongside extra demand on other social services and third sector organisations that provide crucial support – and the knock on effect this is having on the NHS.
In order to ensure investment in a whole series of enablers, he suggested there should be further evaluation of the Better Care Fund with a clearer focus on risk management.
Download the transcript from this presentation:
More on NHS productivity
- Read the report: The NHS productivity challenge
- See Chris Ham's blog: Wanted: an even Better Care Fund
- Listen to more talks from the event: Financial pressures on local government and social care
- Catch up with our latest quarterly monitoring report findings
- See our commentary and analysis on productivity and finance