Dr Brent James, Chief Quality Officer, Intermountain Healthcare, spoke to The King's Fund Annual Conference delegates via video link. He explained how Intermountain uses three methods to build a high-performing transformational organisation: a strong, shared vision, which they maintain through training programmes; a method to effectively manage clinical care and data to support good clinical practice.
More from The King's Fund's Annual Conference 2013
- Sir Bruce Keogh: Review of urgent and emergency care
- Bill Wright: High quality, safe and efficient care, the Kaiser Permanente Connect Experience
- Mark Britnell: A global perspective on the transformation of health care: do we do things better or do we do better things?
- Ceinwen Giles: What patients really want
- James Titcombe: Can we learn from our mistakes and make genuine improvements in the NHS?