- Posted:Wednesday 27 November 2013
Dr Bill Wright, Executive Medical Director and President of the Colorado Permanente Medical Group, discussed the implementation of new information technology systems in health care at our Annual Conference 2013.
While he believes that information has the ability to transform medicine, Bill stressed that simply 'digitising' a flawed process will not work. He shared his experience of the introduction of new IT systems at Kaiser Permanente - revealing how it is being used and the improvements that it has helped to drive.
More from The King's Fund's Annual Conference 2013
- Sir Bruce Keogh: Review of urgent and emergency care
- Mark Britnell: A global perspective on the transformation of health care: do we do things better or do we do better things?
- Ceinwen Giles: What patients really want
- Brent James: Achieving transformational change: how to become a high performing organisation
- James Titcombe: Can we learn from our mistakes and make genuine improvements in the NHS?