- Posted:Wednesday 18 June 2014
Professor The Lord Darzi, Professor of Surgery, Imperial College London, looks back at previous NHS reform efforts and explains that, while they were not necessarily unsuccessful, we now face a new set of challenges and need a different approach to tackle them.
He says that system reform is not the same as service reform – the focus needs to be on the latter – and describes how, for innovation to happen, we need to harness the efforts of patients as co-producers of care and free up time for people to be creative.
Download the transcript from this presentation:
More on reforming the NHS
- Catch up with talks from our Reforming the NHS from within event
- Read the report: Reforming the NHS from within
- Explore our interactive diagram: Visualising reform in the NHS
- Read Chris Ham's Health Service Journal article: Commitment to change the NHS must come from within