Under the terms of the Fund's new Royal Charter, the Fund has established a General Advisory Council, chaired by the President.
The purpose of the General Advisory Council is to provide advice to the Chief Executive and Trustees to help the Fund achieve its mission. Members of the Council will use their collective expertise to reflect on the Fund's activities and impact in the previous year; act as a source of intelligence on the key issues and challenges in the health system and to engage in future thinking about trends and developments in policy, leadership and health care improvement.
General Advisory Council members
Members of the Council should be appointed by the President on the recommendation of the Chief Executive.
The following people were appointed to the General Advisory Council by our President HRH The Prince of Wales:
- Sir Ron Kerr CBE, Senior Adviser to the Board, Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust
- Ben Page, Chief Executive, Ipsos MORI
- Lord Victor Adebowale CBE, Chief Executive, Turning Point
- Sarah Pickup, Deputy Chief Executive, Local Government Association
- Ceinwen Giles, Director, Shine Cancer Support
- Dr Nikita Kanani MBE, Deputy Medical Director of Primary Care, NHS England
- Jeremy Taylor, Chief Executive, National Voices
- Emma Coyler MBE, Chief Executive, Body and Soul
- Dr Kamran Abbasi, Executive Editor, The BMJ
- Kay Boycott, Chief Executive, Asthma UK
- Professor Yvonne Doyle CB, Regional Director, Public Health England
- Hannah Farrar, Partner, Carnall Farrar
- Professor Nick Harding OBE, Chair, Sandwell and West Birmingham Clinical Commissioning Group
- Amanda Pritchard, Chief Executive, Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust
- Professor Nicholas Mays, Professor of Health Policy, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Lord Kerslake, Peer, House of Lords
- Dr Navina Evans, Chief Executive Officer, East London Foundation Trust