The question of how to pay for care has occupied substantial political, policy, media and campaigning activity in the past 15 years. There have been two independent commissions, three consultations, five White and Green Papers and innumerable reports from think tanks, charities and other organisations.
This timeline shows developments in the social care funding system in England from 1996 to 2013. It can also be found in our paper: Paying for social care: Beyond Dilnot
Watch the prezi
How does the prezi work?
- Click on the triangle in the middle of the screen, directly below the image. Click again each time you want to move to the next slide.
- If you want to go back to a previous slide, click on the triangle to the bottom left of the image.
- Once the prezi has finished you can zoom into areas that most interest you by clicking directly on the image.
- If you want to view the prezi in full screen, click on the More button in the bottom right-hand corner and click 'Fullscreen'. Press 'Esc' on your keyboard to return to the site.
Share the social care funding prezi
Feel free to embed the prezi on your own site (you can do this above) and let us know what you think.
Or spread the word on Twitter or Facebook with the following link:
More on social care funding reform
- Read the paper: Paying for social care; Beyond Dilnot
- See our briefing: The Care Bill: Second reading in the House of Lords
- View our commentary and analysis on social care