Hear from previous delegates on this programme
Who is it for?
This six day programme (including a follow-up day) helps participants become more aware of their own emotions and personal impact on others, particularly when under pressure.
This programme is particularly useful for senior doctors and clinicians, heads of services including therapies, managers and professionals in the NHS, local government, and other public and private sector organisations.
Benefits of this leadership development programme
By building self-awareness, self-management and personal integrity, this programme course develops key characteristics of the NHS leadership qualities framework, which outlines attitudes and behaviours expected of NHS leaders.
This programme is not about learning a set of rules about how to behave. It is about learning how to develop resilience, suspend unhelpful judgements and find creative, ethical responses to difficult issues. As a result of becoming more aware of their own, and others' emotions and personal impact on others, they will be able to communicate and lead more effectively, particularly when under pressure.
What will you do on this programme?
During this programme participants will:
- diagnose individual learning needs, gaining an understanding of their own behaviour set
- refine their understanding about the concepts of personal impact and integrity
- explore the physical embodiment of personal impact and integrity learning how to boost use of voice and non verbal communication to best effect - receiving feedback from a theatre professional and international business consultant
- experiment with and strengthen individual behaviour using feedback from programme participants
- learn how to reflect and think about behaviour and its resultant impact on leadership
- create a learning dialogue with a figure of considerable personal power and authority
- design an action plan to integrate their new behaviour seamlessly
- commit to following up this programme for one day, three months after the initial week to refresh, practise and share successes.