This six-day programme (including a follow-up day) helps participants to become more aware of their emotions and personal impact on others, particularly when under pressure.
Who is it for?
This programme is particularly useful for:
- senior doctors and clinicians
- heads of services, including therapies
- managers and professionals in the NHS, local government, and other public and private sector organisations.
Why this programme?
How will you benefit from this programme?
The most practical programme I’ve ever done. The directors were fantastic.
By building self-awareness, self-management and personal integrity, this programme develops key characteristics of the NHS leadership qualities framework, which outlines the attitudes and behaviours expected of NHS leaders.
It restored my confidence, especially in environments where I have no control.
This programme is not about learning a set of rules on how to behave. It is about developing resilience, suspending judgement and finding creative, ethical responses to difficult issues. As a result of becoming more aware of your own, and others' emotions, you will be able to communicate and lead more effectively.
What will you do on this programme?
During this programme you will:
- diagnose your individual learning needs and gain an understanding of your own behaviours
- refine your understanding of the concepts of personal impact and integrity
- learn how to use your voice and non-verbal communication to best effect
- experiment with and strengthen your own behaviour using feedback from other participants
- learn how to reflect and think about behaviour and its resultant impact on leadership
- have the opportunity to learn from a figure of considerable personal power and authority
- design an action plan to integrate your new behaviour, following this up at a one-day session, three months after the first week to refresh, practise and share your successes.
Not what you're looking for?
We can also deliver this programme in your organisation and tailor it to your requirements. Contact Victoria Ajala on 020 7307 2607 or email@example.com to arrange to speak to one of the team.