About this event
Highlights from this event
Ruth Carnall: the legacy of NHS London
Dame Ruth Carnall reflects on her experience of leading service change in the capital as Chief Executive of NHS London.
Anne Rainsberry: what is the future for health in London?
Dr Anne Rainsberry, Regional Director of the NHS Commissioning Board in London, discusses the role the Board will play and what the future of health care in the capital could look like.
Tony Rudd: the legacy of NHS London – stroke programme
Tony Rudd gives a background to stroke care in London and looks at how NHS London’s stroke programme has made a positive difference.
Panel session: how can we provide the best services for Londoners across the board?
Our panel, including Chris Streather, Mike Farrar and Richard Jeavons, look at what we can learn from London's reconfiguration projects to date and how we can provide the best services in the capital.
Simon Tanner: how can we make the health legacy of the Games lasting for Londoners?
Simon Tanner, Director of Public Health at NHS London, talks about the benefits of the Games for Londoners and how the health legacy can be sustained.
Session one: The legacy of NHS London
- The legacy of NHS London
Dame Ruth Carnall DBE, Chief Executive, NHS London
- Case study: stroke
Professor Tony Rudd, Consultant Stroke Physician, Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust
- Case study: integrated care
Hannah Farrar, Director of Strategy, Commissioning and Provider Development, NHS London
- Questions and discussion
Session two: A year of change and opportunity for London
Panel session: how has the Health and Social Care Act 2012 affected London? What do the changes in the system mean for the capital?
- David Buck, Senior Fellow, The King's Fund
- Houda Al-Sharif, Director of Public Health, London Borough of Wandsworth/NHS Wandsworth
- Jon Rouse, Chief Executive, London Borough of Croydon
Olympic legacy: how can we make lasting health and wellbeing for Londoners the legacy of the Games?
Dr Simon Tanner, Director of Public Health, NHS London
Questions and discussion
Session three: How can London best organise reconfiguration?
Panel session: What can we learn from the reconfiguration projects to date? How can we provide the best services for Londoners across the board?
- Candace Imison, Deputy Director of Policy, The King's Fund
- Dr Chris Streather, Managing Director, South London Academic Health Science Network
- Mike Farrar, Chief Executive, NHS Confederation
- Richard Jeavons, Chief Executive, Independent Reconfiguration Panel
Session four: Strategic leadership for London
- A vision for the future
Dr Anne Rainsberry, Regional Director for London, NHS Commissioning Board
Panel session: What is the future for health in London?
- Dr Anne Rainsberry, Regional Director for London, NHS Commissioning Board
- Amanda Coyle, Assistant Director for Health and Communities, Greater London Authority
- Dr Dick Sorabji, Corporate Director, Policy and Public Affairs, London Councils
- Professor Timothy Evans, Lead Fellow, Future Hospital, Royal College of Physicians
You can download presentations from some of our speakers below.