In his vision for local government going forward he saw a lead role for health and wellbeing boards in commissioning local services and for councils to work together to co-design services. Sir Merrick discussed the next steps for the LGA, which include working alongside their social care partners to lobby for fully and fairly-funded reforms.
Download the transcript from this presentation:
More on NHS productivity
- Read the report: The NHS productivity challenge
- See Chris Ham's blog: Wanted: an even Better Care Fund
- Listen to more talks from the event: Financial pressures on local government and social care
- Catch up with our latest quarterly monitoring report findings
- See our commentary and analysis on productivity and finance